American Clothing Companies - Gap, Abercrombie, American Eagle, Old Navy

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Very helpful Gigglewater. Thanks!

Same here....thanks Gigglewater & SophC!

I am saving your replies in my computer so when I need to buy some clothings in HK, I'll check those places out.

Can't wait, 1 more day before leaving for HK>

Quote Originally Posted by Renotommy:
    I had had heck of a time trying to find clothings in HK that would fit myself and my friend.
    No wonder! Underpants are usually designed to fit only one person at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    No wonder! Underpants are usually designed to fit only one person at a time.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL....funny, funny!

I meant he and I are both pretty big guys (especially in HK standard). I did notice a big change in HK people size.....I could hardly find anybody overweighed in 1981 but there sure were plenty of them walking around in 2007 - my 2nd visit. Is it because of the fast food?

Marks & Spencer and SOHO, plus you can use a tailor. It's probably cheaper to have your clothes made by a tailor than buying them in these two shops. Though don't go to the tailor in SOHO. He sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. No:
    Marks & Spencer and SOHO, plus you can use a tailor. It's probably cheaper to have your clothes made by a tailor than buying them in these two shops. Though don't go to the tailor in SOHO. He sucks!
    Do you mean SoHo the district (as in South of Hollywood), or some particular shop?

And M&S really doesn't carry many items for British/US XL or larger (i.e. very little over 38 inch waist or 42" chest).

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Selected M&S items are available for delivery to Hong Kong (and you can order online).

In light of having so many westerners living in HK, I am surprised that there isn't a "Big & Tall" clothings store catering to customers sizes 42 and UP. Also, with the rapid growing fast food and computer addicts, HK's overweigh people population bounds to go up in no time, so I bet not many years from now, even many HK local people will start patronizing the store.

HK has very few westerners here - a few tens of thousands. And many of them are here temporarily and do most of their shopping on their trips back to what they still regard as home. My guess for the number of westerners (meaning Caucasians) who regard Hong Kong as their long term home is unlikely to be more than about 10,000, and only a smallish proportion of them are "big and tall".

Last edited by PDLM; 05-01-2010 at 06:03 PM.

Oh, I see. You think there is NOT enough of a market in HK to warrant such a store. I am sure you must be correct o/w tons of HK locals would have done it already.