Like Tree2Likes

Google Nexus One

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

US verson.

British/European Multitouch edition

some chinese newspaper says it'll arrive in 72 hours

Now that's fast...I'm really considering the purchase. I want an unlocked android phone, with high-end specifications, if possible. So this one seems to meet the requeriments. The two possible drawbacks:
    -No multitouch: I reckon its just a software issue, and can be activated by hacking?
    -No 3G?? Seriously? Which connection does it get, apart from edge (which is painfully slow)? HSDPA?

look at the specs, it does get 3G... FYI if you buy the phone straight through Google the phone will be unlocked, if you buy the phone through a carrier you will be limited, not to mention possibly paying more in the end.

3g = UMTS Band 1/4/8 (2100/AWS/900)

Last edited by BLBlankenship; 09-01-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Hey, that's great then, thanks for the info! So what's the US band it doesn't work with, then?
    I heard there was some sort of issue with connectivity on the US (not that I'm going to go to the US anytime soon, now it's more curiosity than anything).
    Regarding being capped to a single operator, thanks, but no thanks. I want to keep my mobile free. I don't mind paying the extra if its worth, but I'm swapping simcards all the time.

So...next thing I'd like to know: in comparison with other android terminals, which one would you compare this one to? Difference in price?

Thank you!

A soon as you buy............. its out of date.

THIS ........... is a REALLY cool smart phone
    Intel gives in-depth demo of future smartphone | CES 2010 - CNET

A super duper smartphone indeed.

Yeh, I agree it will be out of date, or else I can keep waiting forever for the best ever phone...But the thing is, since I had the great idea of having a bath with my mobile in the pocket (full moon party, at some point the most bizarre things seem quite reasonable), I'm needing to purchase one quite urgently...but I want a good one.
    My last mobile lasted me three full years. It was awesome when I bought it, nowadays was a piece of very good looking trash...but it worked. So I want something good enough so I can keep using it after a long period.

Besides, I don't trust that much yet in moblin. I think it has to prove how good it behaves. I think android right now is way ahead.

Google support forums rife with Nexus One 3G complaints, is this a real problem? -- Engadget
    Google support forums rife with Nexus One 3G complaints, is this a real problem?

Just saw this on Engadget.

Thanks a lot, JaredHK!
    How can I find these google groups with complaints? Are they public?

Last edited by JaredHK; 09-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast