Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Shandy more like.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes... it's the choice of a new generation
    I thought that was Pepsi...

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    Shandy more like.
    Tried that and gave it up!

I gave up soda about 2 years ago. I used to drink about 7 Diet Cokes daily while I worked at my last hedge fund job. One day I just decided to give it up (wanted to be healthier) and went cold turkey. I don't smoke and have never done drugs so I'm not sure how drug rehab feels but that next week was one of the more painful weeks I had to endure. Your body just goes crazy from that sudden drop in sugar and caffeine. Had really bad headaches and felt pretty groggy most of the day. Honestly though, after 1 week, I didn't feel the need to drink soda ever again.

For the past 2 years I may have drank maybe 1-2 ginger ales and I rarely consume caffeine besides the random tea here and there. Anyone can do this. Just mind over matter.

Nothing wrong with bringing up old threads as long as the discussion can still be interesting

big_apple_ken: I gave up soda about 2 years ago. I used to drink about 7 Diet Cokes daily...I'm not sure how drug rehab feels but that next week was one of the more painful weeks I had to endure. Your body just goes crazy from that sudden drop in sugar and caffeine. Had really bad headaches and felt pretty groggy most of the day. Honestly though, after 1 week, I didn't feel the need to drink soda ever again.

There's no sugar in Diet Coke--all caffeine buddy. I'm taking a break from coffee and I feel great. Way less anxiety.
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 15-04-2010 at 09:31 AM.

I agree with Big Apple Ken, I much prefer carbonated mineral water, as my refreshing drink of choice.

Here's a little video clip regarding caffeine.

Regular Coke, as do all non sugar free soft drinks, has quite a few table spoons of sugar per 330ml can. Fashionable energy / extreme drinks and the like, have very high dosages of caffeine between 170mg - 250mg per can, which might be a worry for some. For most people, a couple of standard espresso shots of coffee per day, shouldn't make much of a difference, being such small concentrations of caffeine. As the clip explains though, like everything, moderation is the key, it's also up to the individual, some people can achieve heart palpitations from just one cup of black coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    OK, I may sound stupid, but I really want to know how to avoid COKE, CHOCOLATE and CHIPS.

Three things, that are really fattening , but tastes so good that I cant resist.

Anyone else, who is facing this problem, or has been successful in avoiding this?

Anyone who could help me there, I'll treat him / her with ice-cream.

Thanks in advance.
    Try and get used to a more savoury palate that may help, I like a mostly savoury palate - I have no interest in sweets. It helps keep weight off also.

Try a diet that is higher in protein. It will stave off cravings.

Maybe you should spend more time with the people who are trying to lose weight and keep calculating calories~~ I dont think they will drink much coke and eat fattening food!

Is caffeine that bad? Drinking more than three cups a day now~

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast