UK Television work in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK Television work in HK

Moved here and waiting on our stuff coming from UK. Does anyone know if our TV will work here
    or will we have to buy a new one. If so, where would you recommend we buy from ?

Cheers

HK is using "PAL I" which is same as UK.

yes, on the basis that hk is a former uk colony, your TV will work with PAL analog terrestial signal, should your TV (assuming it's really new, with built in DVB tuner) is an uk spec IDTV with built in digital tuner, then this will not work as Digital TV has a different standard to uk Freeview.
    However, please note that you will need adaptor for your Scart
    socket ( not common in HK), best to buy a 6 RCA to Scart socket or 2 s video/audio RCA to scart from maplins ( in uk) as scart adaptor are rare in HK.

UK HD TV and NOW TV

Hi, We are moving to Hong Kong shortly and we have a new Panasonic HD plasma TV. Does anyone know if this will work with Now TV or the like?

Yes it will work fine as long as its connected to a set top box of some sort (eg Now TV). But dont expect the built in tuner to work properly to pick up local over the air channels (it might work for analog but definitely not digital).

But really why dont you sell it and buy another here. The shipping costs on a TV are quite high, and TV's themselves are not that expensive these days.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a newish TV here that I would like in the Philippines but don't want to spend (much) money shipping it. Don't have the original box. Can't see it surviving being checked in! Can't see them allowing me to hand carry it. Any ideas?

simple
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a newish TV here that I would like in the Philippines but don't want to spend (much) money shipping it. Don't have the original box. Can't see it surviving being checked in! Can't see them allowing me to hand carry it. Any ideas?
    Is this suppose to be a joke?

I shipped a brand new Sony Bravia over via one of the shipping companies in WWH - cost $500 door-to-door and arrived in perfect condition. But it was all in the original unopened packaging.

How big is it?

Bribe an air hostess to carry it? I'm sure an old charmer like you knows a few...

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I shipped a brand new Sony Bravia over via one of the shipping companies in WWH - cost $500 door-to-door and arrived in perfect condition. But it was all in the original unopened packaging.

How big is it?
    Yes that might be possible, heavily pack it and surround it with clothes, etc in one of their boxes for HK$500. Plenty of stuff to ship over anyway so would not actually cost me anything really.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast