Like Tree2Likes

Checking-in blackberry with luggage when going to India

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Checking-in blackberry with luggage when going to India

I have a personal mobile phone and one blackberry that my company gave me. Now, as far I know, I cant carry two phones in my handbag, custom issues and all.

Will it be safe to check-in my blackberry in luggage as I wont be using it anyways till I reach India or carrying in handbag wont be a problem? I will need my personal phone at HK airport and India airport.
    If not safe, what are my alternatives?

I've always carried two mobile phones and a laptop in my rucksack as carry on wherever I've travelled and its never been an issue.

Is this specific to India?

you can carry them both as they are for your personal use.
    should not be an issue.

mercury_element likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    I've always carried two mobile phones and a laptop in my rucksack as carry on wherever I've travelled and its never been an issue.

Is this specific to India?
    Yes, there are specific regulations in India. The aim however is to control imports and the OP should have no issues if the devices are clearly not meant for import - also, it seems that the regulations are stricter (or more strictly enforced) for laptops than of mobile phones.
    Personally, I have had a mobile phone (on occasion more than one) in addition to my Blackberry and laptop in my carry-on bag (generally avoid checking luggage in - even more so when going to India) on multiple trips and never had a problem.
    Last edited by beachball; 21-07-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    mercury_element likes this.

We aren't in the 80s anymore. The customs in India aren't as lame as they used to be. They will let 2-3 cell phones of personal use opened and in your handbag through without any problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkelephant:
    you can carry them both as they are for your personal use.
    should not be an issue.
    Thanks PE. Both are for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by beachball:
    Yes, there are specific regulation in India. The aim however is to control imports and the OP should have no issues if the devices are clearly not meant for import - also, it seems that the regulations are stricter (or more strictly enforced) for laptops than of mobile phones.
    Personally, I have had a mobile phone (on occasion more than one) in addition to my Blackberry and laptop in my carry-on bag (generally avoid checking luggage in - even more so when going to India) on multiple trips and never had a problem.
    yes, not for import, both are used ones. I will not carry laptop but my camera (dslr).
    Yeah, me too not very comfy in checking-in, but then I dont want any problems with custom for carrying two phones.

Hi ..I wouldnt put anythin expensive in main luggage cos it India. Customs in India they are not like the ones in HK. Even if they stop you can get away by paying a small bribe.Come on you are scared of Indian customs..lol...

always carried 2 phones never been questioned. Dont worry about it you will not have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by sangeetaamaldev:
    Even if they stop you can get away by paying a small bribe.Come on you are scared of Indian customs..lol...
    I am not scared of them, I just dont like the idea of bribing them, or anyone else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycat:
    always carried 2 phones never been questioned. Dont worry about it you will not have a problem
    Thanks, I shouldnt have a problem then.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    I have a personal mobile phone and one blackberry that my company gave me. Now, as far I know, I cant carry two phones in my handbag, custom issues and all.

Will it be safe to check-in my blackberry in luggage as I wont be using it anyways till I reach India or carrying in handbag wont be a problem? I will need my personal phone at HK airport and India airport.
    If not safe, what are my alternatives?
    Where the heck did you get the idea you cannot carry two phones? Get over it. Almost everyone I know (myself included) does. I frequently carry two laptops too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast