Like Tree9Likes

Applying for dependent visa with credit card debt on IANG

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ohh my. No options/sharing situation either. Just shit pay. It seems dependent visa is least of my worries as you say, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the replies folks. I hope to figure something out. Fast. Otherwise might as well go back home than stay here.

You would have made more money as a bartender/waiter after 5 years in a restaurant, why are you still in that company?

On a side note, If I were in similar situation I'd look into points based immigration to aus/nz/Canada.

And you also mentioned that your wife is going to apply international student visa to study in HK. As another option, why not go to either of the above mentioned places that offer easier paths to residency, instead? Or is there some special attachment to Hong Kong ;p

ecy5ma2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    On a side note, If I were in similar situation I'd look into points based immigration to aus/nz/Canada.

And you also mentioned that your wife is going to apply international student visa to study in HK. As another option, why not go to either of the above mentioned places that offer easier paths to residency, instead? Or is there some special attachment to Hong Kong ;p

Yes that is an option as well. Quite likely that is what i will do unless something miraculously changes here in HK in the next fee weeks

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5ma2:
    Thank you Shafiq and JAherbert.

I get my increment in May, so do you think it will be better that I wait till May to apply? I am not sure if I`ll get more than 20K but, i am assuming ill get 5% increase which will make it roughly 19k.

So will a 1000 HKD salary increase make a difference?
    Personally know a few IANG visa holders with salary less than yours, got their dependent visa approved. Salary will not be an issue. Make sure that the documents are in place.

Local companies know very well about the IANG visa and take advantage of non locals. Things would be different after you get permenant residency. I see you are here for 7 years and hope you can apply for VEPIC soon.
    ecy5ma2 likes this.

Thank you!!